Ram Technologies | 2017 - Present
Technologies Used: React, Python, Django, Ansible, Selenium, Scrapy.
I built and maintain an internal service using React and Django for managing data on a catalog of 60,000+ active items in multiple marketplaces. The service uses natural language processing tools and a Scrapy/Selenium based web scraper to research competitors and track market movements.
- Created data-rich dashboards using React and Django Rest Framework.
- Scraped product information from the web using Scrapy and Selenium.
- Rewrote PHP E-Commerce site in Django, cutting load times by 300%.
- Created a Kubernetes cluster using Ansible on bare metal.
I’m a contributor to Gatsby, a framework for JAMstack websites. I reproduce issues, help new developers, and contribute new starters and themes. Currently, I am building static E-Commerce websites using Gatsby and webhooks, to replace older SSR frameworks like Magento.
www.madelyneriksen.com is my blog for writing about React, Python, and general software development on Linux. The site itself is built using React and Gatsby, using SASS for styling.
OTHER OSS PROJECTS
- A CLI tool named “Flatware” for generating boilerplate code quickly.
- A weekly class for non-technical coworkers interested in learning Python.
- Python project templates with support for Docker, Pytest, and more.
- Many more weekend projects/experiments on Github, @madelyneriksen.